Marathon -10 weeks

It looks like I'm committed to it now, I've told enough people I'm going to do it deliberately so i have to! I had my best week yet of running last week, 45k in total with my longest run of 14k. However checking this against even the easiest of marathon training schedules says I'm way off where I need to be. I should have had at least one attempt at a >30k run by now and should be doing ~60k a week. So I need to pick it up a bit, quite a bit and not get injured.

Things are looking up this week though, I got some good runs in:

Mon 21k ~2h
Tue 3k
Wed 14k
Thurs Snooze
Fri 14k 1h14m

52k total. Now all I need to do is enter the thing :-)

2 comments:

Louise said...

Well you've made a good start! Only having ever done 10k races - I can't imagine doing a marathon. Good luck Dan.
Love Mum
xxx

Clotilde said...

How did this week's training go?