Surprise!

After travelling 10,000 miles, I was hoping that the two weeks of sunshine they'd had at home in the past two weeks would continue...alas I was a little optimistic, but the train journey from the airport was great, just for the greenery and brooding skies!


It was so wet, my nan's cul-de-sac had some unusual vistors!

Laura did the good thing, and as soon as she picked me up from the train, took me to a greasy spoon for a proper lunch (or was it dinner or breakfast, I wasn't quite sure!!).


Lunch for two ₤4.10 (less than $9!). Brilliant!


Laura and I did concoct a plan to jump out and surpise my parent (complete with video), but unfortuantely that plan was scuppered by my mum insisting on leaving the house....So here's a quick pic of me with the parents just after!


The rest of the day involved a proper Friday supper, and trying to stay awake as long as possible to avoid the jetlag, which appears to have worked, I feel fine today (Day 2).


Proper Grimsby fish and chips!




The Piggott ladies

2 comments:

Cari said...

yeah...it must be nice to be home! i got your birthday card...thanks!:) enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Clotilde said...

Wow that grass is green! And the ducks are cute! And I didn't know you were supposed to have marinated mini-onions with fish 'n chips!

Were your parents surprised? Are they happy you are there?

Keep us posted and I hope the weather brightens up for you!